Siberian Taimen Fishing. Tuostakh River.
SIBERIAN TAIMEN (TROUT) FISHING TOUR ON THE TUOSTAKH RIVER.
Verkhoyansky District in Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia. 10 Days/9 Nights.
Catch a Siberian trout (taimen) as big as 30-40 kg (66-88 pounds). In the heart of the real Siberia. If you are good and lucky, you might get a bigger trophy.
Major fish to catch is Hucho taimen. It’s scientific name. Also known as Siberian trout, Siberian taimen, and Siberian salmon. Choose any name you like to use. More info, surely, on Wiki.
Apart from the trophy-size Siberian trout, it’s possible to catch different types of fishes. Goldilocks, grayling, whitefish, pike, perch. Deeper into the wilderness, bigger fishes.
The Tuostakh River flows along the mountain area of Verkhoyansky District, one of the world’s coldest area in Siberia’s Yakutia, but happily not in the summer.
Tuostakh is the right tributary of the Adycha River. Its length is 271 km (169 miles). Starts from the western side of Chimalginsky and Tas-Hayahtah ridges in Verknoyansky mountains. Has 27 tribuatary streams. Released from ice in the late May or the early June. Freezes in the early October.
Rich for fishes such as whitefishes, graylings, goldilocks, spikes, and trouts (taimen). Latter might weigh up to 30-40 kg (66-88 pounds).
Nature is wild and picturesque. Surrounded with intense forest. Famous for so-called human-like sacred stones on top of flat plateau and the remains of mammoth fauna.
Fishes: Siberian trout (taimen), goldilocks, grayling, whitefish, pike, perch.
Chance to catch: 100% for taimen, 90% for big taimens.
Start Date: August 18th, 2015.
Duration: 10 Days / 9 Nights.
Group Size: 4-6 people.
Fishing Location: Tuostaah River, Verkhoyansky District, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia’s Siberia.
Route: Yakutsk – Batagai – Yakutsk
Fishing route distance: 130 km (81 miles.)
- Flight Yakutsk to Batagai, center of Verkhoyansky District, by the AN-24 regular passenger plane.
- Transfer from Batagai to the starting point of fishing by the chartered MI-8 helicopter.
- Rafting and fishing.
- Transfer from the end point of trout fishing to Batagai by boats and 4wd transports.
- Flight back to Yakutsk by regular passenger plane.
- Overnights in tents during fishing on Day 2-7.
- Accommodation in three-bed rooms in one-store wooden buildings on Day 8. Sauna is available.
- 2 catamarans with engines + 1 cargo boat with an engine.
- Fishing from boats and river banks.
- The “catch-and-release” rule applied.
- Breakfast in hotel in Yakutsk.
- Lunch snack on Day 2.
- Camp meals from dinner on Day 2 to breakfast on Day 9.
Day 1: Yakutsk.
Arrival in Yakutsk Airport. Transfer from airport to hotel is provided. Free time in Yakutsk.
Day 2: Yakutsk – Batagai – Tuostakh River.
Transfer to Yakutsk Airport in the very early morning.
07:40 – Flight Yakutsk to Batagai by the regular passenger plane AN24. Flight time is 1 hr 40 min.
11:00 – Flight Batagai to the Tuostakh River by the chartered MI-8 helicopter. Flight time is ~2 hr.
Tent camp set up. Dinner. Evening fishing.
Day 3-7: Fishing.
– Rafting and fishing. Daily distance is 30 km.
– Fishing in shallows, from boats and banks.
– Overnights in tents.
Day 8: Rafting & fishing. Arrival to the “Tuostakh River – Kisilyakh” camp by the evening.
Accommodation in 3-bed rooms. Sauna. Dinner. Free time.
Day 9: Way back to Yakutsk.
In the morning, transfer to Batagai Airport – 30 km along the river by motor boats and 50 km overland by the Russian UAZ van.
11:00 – Flight Batagai to Yakutsk by AN24.
13:00 – Arrival in Yakutsk Airport. Transfer to hotel.
Day 10: Daparture Day.
Breakfast. Transfer. Flight from Yakutsk.
In a group of 6 travellers = 8 206 USD*/PAX
In a group of 5 travellers = 9 647 USD*/PAX
In a group of 4 travellers = 11 808 USD*/PAX
*Corrected conversion rate as of April 2015, 1 USD = 50 RUB.
Important! Recalculation would be done, if
1) conversion rate to be changed dramatically by the day of invoice issue (more likely);
2) air company to change rates for flight tickets and helicopter charter (less likely).
Tour cost includes:
- fishing tour arrangement service;
- all transfers according the itinerary;
- 3 guides, including a cook;
- 1 English-speaking guide;
- 3-time meal plan during fishing;
- camping equipment and gears (tents, dinning tent, kitchen stuff, electricity generator, etc);
- 1 rigid-hulled inflatable boats with an engine + 2 catamarans with engines;
- accommodation in 3-bed rooms in guest houses in the “Tuostakh – Kihilyakh” camp with sauna (1 night);
- air tickets for the flight Yakutsk – Batagai – Yakutsk (round trip);
- helicopter charter from Batagai to the Tuostak River (one way);
- emergency sat phone connection;
- accommodation in Lena Hotel in Yakutsk (premium single room for 2 nights).
- visa support, if requested.
- travel to Yakutsk from travellers’ place;
- alcohol beverages;
- food in Yakutsk;
- personal expedition gears, including fishing tackles, sleeping bags, mosquito protection stuff, etc.
Video of Taimen Fishing on the Tuostakh River:
Book Siberian Taimen Fishing
or via the contact form below:
Yakutia is the Siberia of Siberia. To catch a Siberian trout (taimen) in Yakutia is a great honor and extremely exclusive experience.