Reindeer Sleigh Ride in Oymyakon, Russia
YAKUTSK – OYMYAKON – REINDEER HERDERS
EXPEDITION THROUGH SIBERIAN WILDERNESS
Embark the world-class exclusive reindeer sleigh ride through the wilderness of Oymyakon area, the coldest place in Russia’s Siberia. Winter adventure tour for active people!
Route: Yakutsk – Khandyga – Reindeer Herders’ Winter Camp in Oymyakon Valley – reindeer expedition – back to the Winter Camp – Khandyga – Yakutsk.
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights.
Group size: 1-3 travellers.
Travel season: 01 December – 15 April. New Year holidays are not included. December, January, and February are the coldest months. March is soft, from -25C in the daytime.
Reindeer Safari / Sleigh Ride Dates:
- Upon request.
Video: Reindeer Sleigh Ride in Oymyakon, Russia’s Siberia
One more video…
Video credit: Yuri Berezhnov.
Winter Travel Photos: Reindeer Sleigh Ride in Oymyakon, Russia’s Siberia
Photo credit: Bolot Bochkarev/VisitYakutia.com.
Winter Photographs with Travellers
Photo credit: Lyubomira Romanova/VisitYakutia.com.
Oymyakon Reindeer Sleigh Ride Tour Info
Day 1: Arrival at Yakutsk Airport in the morning. Transfer to hotel. 12:00 – Meeting a guide. Lunch in the city (not included). 14:00 – 19:00 – Shopping extra warm clothes and city sightseeing (by car).
Day 2: Drive from Yakutsk to Khandyga. Departure from hotel at 09:00. 453 km for ~9 hr. Overnight in the appartment-based private hotel in Khandyga.
Day 3: Drive from Khandyga to Herder’s Winter Camp in Oymyakon District. Through Verkhoyansk Mountain Passes. 350 km for 9-10 hrs. Arrival to the reindeer’s winter base in the evening. Dinner. Overnight in a stove-heated wooden cabin at the herder’s place.
Day 4: Reindeer Sleigh Expedition. Breakfast. Preparing for the start of reindeer sleigh ride. Packing stuff on sleds and tying reindeer to sleds. Lunch. Reindeer sleigh ride (a traveler sit on a separate sled with 2 reindeer in the caravan). Distance to ride is ~30 km. Stop at the temperary overnight spot. Setting up tents. Dinner in a tent. Overnight in a tent.
Day 5: Reindeer Sleigh Expedition. Breakfast in a tent. Preparing reindeer and sleds for the ride. Lunch. Reindeer sleigh ride on the way back to herders’ place on the different route. 50 km. Arrival to the camp in the evening. Dinner. Overnight in a stove-heated wooden house at the herders’ camp.
Day 6: Herder’s Winter Camp. Free day. Lasso throwing training. Hiking and riding (by reindeer sleigh or snowmobile) in the nearby mountain area. Some hunting and other herder’s daily activities. Breakfast, lunch, dinner are included. Actually, we can do a day trip to Uchugei and Oymyakon villages.
Day 7: Drive from the winter base to Khandyga. Breakfast. Packing belonging for the way back. Brunch. Transfer by a car from the herders’ place to Khandyga. 350 km for ~9 hr.
Day 8: Drive from Khandyga to Yakutsk. Arrival in Yakutsk by the evening.
Day 9: Transfer to Yakutsk Airport. Flight from Yakutsk.
Feel free to request a customized itinerary or special quote. Final cost depends on the quantity of days and services.
Cost for Winter 2017-2018:
3 travelers = 144 000 RUB per person.
2 travelers = 204 000 RUB per person.
Individual = 386 000 RUB.
10% discount is granted for the early booking.
– visa support;
– transfer from Yakutsk Airport to hotel on the Day of Arrival and transfer from hotel to airport on the Day of Departure;
– English-, German-, French-, Spanish- or Chinese-speaking guide for the whole period;
– 6-hour transport hire for shopping additional warm clothes and sightseeing;
– 4WD transport with a driver for 7-day trip en route Yakutsk – Khandyga – Reindeer Herders’ Winter Camp in the wilderness of the Oymyakon valley – Khandyga – Yakutsk;
– accommodation at private hotel in Khandyga (twin room w/ shared facilities);
– accommodation at reindeer herders’ camp in a wooden cabin (breakfast, lunch, dinner);
– reindeer herders’ service at the winter camp and during sleigh expedition;
– meals and drinks during 2-day reindeer sleigh expedition;
– tents, stove, generator, and reindeer skin (serves as floor cover in tents) rent;
– sleeping bags;
– sattelite phone for emergency calls;
– day drive from herders’ winter camp to Oymyakon;
Does NOT include:
– air tickets to/from Yakutsk;
– accommodation, meals and entry tickets to venues in Yakutsk;
– meals at roadside cafes during driving days en route Yakutsk – Khandyga – Winter Camp and Winter Camp – Khandyga – Yakutsk for 4 days (1000-1500 RUB/day/person);
– extra warm clothes;
– personal travel insurance policy;
– tips & gratitude.
Booking and payment conditions
– Tour is booked, when the deposit amounting to 35% of tour cost is pre-paid.
– Balance amount is no later 60 days before the start of the tour.
– Payment in Russian Rubles might be done by PayPal or bank transfer.
– Payment in USD/EUR/GBP/CNY is accepted by bank transfer, and the amount should be equal to the one indicated in Russian rubles.
– 10-percent discount is granted for the early booking.
Oymyakon winter reindeer sled trip is recommended for people, who is older than 18 y.o. and who has no health issues.
Such trip might be too tough for people, who are over 65 y.o.
Recommendation on clothes might be given while corresponding.
BOOK OYMYAKON REINDEER SLEIGH EXPEDITION
We tend to reply immediately or in the course of a day. If we don’t get back to you as quick as you wish, please, don’t worry. We could be busy with urgent requests or current travellers. Don’t hesitate to remind us.
You might call it differently. Reindeer safari. Reindeer sleigh ride. Reindeer Sledding. But it’s always a true winter adventure with reindeer people in Siberia, Russia!