Yakutsk to Verkhoyansk via Oymyakon
YAKUTSK – OYMYAKON – VERKHOYANSK
TRIANGLE OF THE COLDEST PLACES IN THE WORLD
Winter adventure overland tour in Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia
Tour Duration: 12 days.
Group size: 3-6 PAX.
Route: Yakutsk – Khandyga – Oymyakon – Teply Klyuch – Topolinoe – Batagai – Verkhoyansk – Batagai – Yakutsk.
The tour starts and ends in Yakutsk.
- 17-27 December 2017 – Temp range is -45C -60C;
- 04-15 March 2018 – Temp range is -20C -50C.
Extreme winter travel photographs
Tour Description & Prices
Day 1: Arrival in Yakutsk.
– Transfer to hotel.
– City tour after lunch.
Day 2: Ride Yakutsk – Khandyga. Departure in the morning approx at 9:00 am.
– food purchase in Nizhny Bestyakh (on the opposite side of the Lena River).
– meals at road cafes at Tyungyulyu and Ytyk-Kyol.
Arrival to Khandyga in the evening.
Overnight in the private hotel in Khandyga.
Day 3: Ride Khandyga – Oymyakon. 10-hr drive plus stops for meals.
– Light breakfast in a hotel.
– Brunch at a roadside cafe between Teply Klyuch & mountain range. Lunch during the trip.
– Dinner at road cafe at Kyubyume fuel station.
Arrival in Oymyakon in the late evening.
Overnight at family’s place (wooden house) in Oymyakon. Late dinner.
Day 4: Full day in Oymyakon. W/ breakfast, lunch, dinner.
– Short village sightseeing.
– Pole of Cold Certificate. Ceremony with the Keeper of Frost.
– Ice fishing on the Indigirka River
– Folk performance and traditions at Yakut Culture Center.
Overnight in Oymyakon.
Day 5: Ride Oymyakon – Teply Klyuch. Via Tomtor, mountain range.
– Early breakfast in Oymyakon.
– Stops in Tomtor for a visit to the ice tunnel complex.
– Lunch at roadside cafe in Kyubyume. Dinner at a roadside cafe in Teply Klyuch.
Arrival in Teply Klyuch in the late evening. Late dinner.
Overnight at private hotel in Khandyga. Late dinner.
Day 6: Ride Teply Klyuch to Topolinoe. 216 km. 5 hr 30 min.
– Early breakfast at a roadside cafe at Teply Klyuch.
– Drive to Topolinoe with a stop for visiting Stalin’s GULAGs.
– Arrival to Topolinoe by the evening.
Overnight at family’s.
Day 7: Topolinoe.
– Breakfast at family’s.
– Visit to the reindeer herd.
– Short reindeer sledding.
– Back to Topolinoe in the late evening.
Overnight at family’s. Late dinner.
Day 8-9: Ride Topolinoe – Batagai by the longest winter road. Strech is 711 km. Run time approx 20 hr.
Arrival in Batagai on Day 8 by noon. Overnight at private hotel in Batagai.
Day 10: Day trip from Batagai to Verkhoyansk.
– Breakfast at private hotel.
– Drive to Verkhoyansk, 81 km.
– Free time and lunch at cafe in Verkhoyansk.
– Visit to a local museum.
– Back to Batagai in the evening.
Overnight at private hotel in Batagai.
Day 11: Flight Batagai to Yakutsk. One-day flight delay might happen due to bad weather.
– Transfer to Batagai Airport.
– Arrival in Yakutsk Airport after lunch.
– Transfer to hotel.
– Free time in Yakutsk.
Day 12 (Reserve Day): Free day in Yakutsk. With a guide and transport. This is an extra day in case if flight from Batagai would be delayed due to weather conditions.
Departure Day:. Transfer to Yakutsk Airport. Note: Better to have air ticket from Yakutsk on Day
TRAVEL COST FOR WINTER 2017-2018:
4-6 people = 179 000 RUB per person.
– Visa support (Letter of Invitation).
– Transfers airport-hotel and hotel-airport in Yakutsk.
– guide’s service for all tour days (provided, if a group size would allow to cover his related expenses).
– Yakutsk City Sightseeings. With a guide and on a transport.
– Transport and all transport-related expenses for the Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Verkhoyansk road trip
– Food at family’s in Oymyakon and Topolinoe.
– Accommodation in Khandyga, Oymyakon, Teply Klyuch, Topolinoe, Batagai.
– Pole of Cold Certificates in Oymyakon
– Program in Oymyakon (meeting the Keeper of the Cold, ice fishing, Yakutian horse breeding farm, Yakut sakha culture evening)
– Program in Topolinoe (visit to reindeer herders).
Does NOT include:
– Air tickets your home to/from Yakutsk.
– Air ticket Batagai to Yakutsk (paid additionally, cost is ~25 000 RUB/person).
– Accommodation and meals in Yakutsk.
– Meals at roadside cafes en route.
– Breakfasts at places of overnights in Khandyga, Teply Klyuch, Batagai.
– We register a trip at Russian EMERCOM (Safety Department).
– We travel on two vehicles.
REQUIRED TO BRING:
– Warm clothes. They are thermo wooly underwears, wooly or thermo sweaters, scarf, Arctic versions of pants and parkas from such brands as The North Face or Canada Goose, hats, boots, gloves. Fur hats and fur boots might be bought in Yakutsk.
Some clothes might be provide for rental at additional cost.
BOOK YOUR TRIANGLE OF THE COLD ROAD TRIP
We tend to reply immediately or in the course of a day. If we don’t get back to you as quick as you wish, please, don’t worry. We could be busy with urgent requests or current travellers. Don’t hesitate to remind us.
Join our winter road trip through the coldest places on Earth!