Yakutsk to Verkhoyansk via Oymyakon
YAKUTSK – OYMYAKON – VERKHOYANSK
TRIANGLE OF THE COLDEST PLACES IN THE WORLD
Winter adventure overland tour in Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia
Tour Duration: 12 days.
Group size: 1-8 PAX.
Route: Yakutsk – Khandyga – Oymyakon – Khandyga – Topolinoe – Batagai – Verkhoyansk – Batagai – Topolinoe – Khandyga – Yakutsk.
Round travel distance: ~4500 km (with all short rides within settlements)
The tour starts and ends in Yakutsk.
Recommended Period: December – March.
Price might be customized at the request of a group. Depends on the quantity of ordered services.
Extreme winter travel photographs
Tour Description & Prices
Day 1: Arrival in Yakutsk.
– Free time before lunch.
– City Excursion w/ visits to 2 museum & National Food Dinner at Chochur Muran restaurant (at travellers expense)
Day 2: Ride Yakutsk – Khandyga. Departure in the morning approx at 9:00 am.
– food purchase in Nizhny Bestyakh (on the opposite side of the Lena River).
– meals at road cafe at Tyungyulyu and Ytyk-Kyol.
Arrival to Khandyga in the evening.
Overnight in the private hotel in Khandyga.
Day 3: Ride Khandyga – Oymyakon via Tomtor. 10-hr drive plus stops for meals.
– Light breakfast in a hotel.
– Brunch at a road cafe between Teply Klyuch & mountain range. Lunch during the trip.
– Dinner at road cafe at Kyubyume fuel station.
Arrival in Oymyakon in the late evening.
Overnight at family’s place (wooden house) in Oymyakon. Late dinner.
Day 4: Full day in Oymyakon. W/ breakfast, lunch, dinner.
– Short village sightseeing.
– Pole of Cold Certificate. Ceremony with the Keeper of Frost.
– Ice fishing on the Indigirka River
– Folk performance and traditions at Yakut Culture Center.
Overnight in Oymyakon.
Day 5: Ride Oymyakon – Khandyga. Via Tomtor, mountain range.
– Early breakfast in Oymyakon.
– Stops in Tomtor for viewing Oymyakon valley and food purchase.
– Lunch at road cafe in Kyubyume. Dinner at road cafe in Teply Klyuch.
Arrival in Khandyga in the late evening. Late dinner.
Overnight at private hotel in Khandyga. Late dinner.
Day 6: Ride Teply Klyuch to Topolinoe. 216 km. 5 hr 30 min.
Arrival in Topolinoe by the evening.
Day 7: Visit reindeer herd.
– Snomobiling to the reindeer herd.
– Lunch in a tent.
– Short reindeer sledding.
– Back to the village in the late evening.
Overnight at family’s place (wooden house) in Topolinoe. Late dinner.
Day 8-9: Ride Topolinoe – Batagai by the longest winter road. Strech is 711 km. Run time approx 20 hr.
Remains of Stalin’s gulags on the way.
Arrival in Batagai on Day 8 by noon. After check-in hotel free time.
Day 10: Ride Batagai to Verkhoyansk. One-way 81 km for 1.5 hr.
Day in Verkhoyansk. Lunch in Verkhoyansk.
Visit to local museum.
In the evening back to Batagai.
Overnight in hotel in Batagai.
Day 11: Flight Batagai to Yakutsk. One-day flight delay might happen due to bad weather.
Arrival to Yakutsk after lunch.
Free time in Yakutsk. Accommodation in hotel.
Day 12: Full day in Yakutsk.
Fairwell Dinner in the Chochur Muran restaurant.
Accommodation in hotel.
Day 13-14: Departure Days.
TRAVEL COST FOR MARCH 2015:
Please, request the quote for your group using the contact form below.
TOUR PRICE TO INCLUDE:
– Transfers airport-hotel and hotel-airport in Yakutsk
– Accommodation in Yakutsk. Single standard room at Lena Hotel for 3 nights.
– 4-hr city tour. Museum entry tickets.
– 4-hr city tour. Guide’s service. + 2 hr for dinner time
– 4-hr city tour. Transport rent. + 2 hr for dinner time.
– Transport and all transport-related expenses for the Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Verkhoyansk – Yakutsk road trip
– Food for travellers during the Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Verkhoyansk trip
– Accommodation in Khandyga, Oymyakon, Topolinoe and Batagai
– Pole of Cold Certificates in Oymyakon
– Program in Oymyakon (meeting the Keeper of the Cold, ice fishing, Yakutian cows & horses, Yakut sakha culture evening)
– Program in Topolinoe (visit to the reindeer herd and short reindeer sledding)
– Program in Verkhoyansk.
– Air ticket Batagai – Yakutsk including 40-kg extra bags expenses (official free luggage limit is 20 kg).
– Farewell dinner in the “Chochur Muran” ethno restaurant.
We’ll have the sattelite connection with EMERCOM. When driving we’ll going/following the major group of cars heading the same way. We’ll have a tent with a stove (just in case).
REQUIRED TO BRING:
– Warm clothes. They are thermo wooly underwears, wooly or thermo sweaters, scarf, Arctic versions of pants and parkas from such brands as The North Face or Canada Goose, hats and boots. Hats and boots might be bought in Yakutsk. See the related post with winter travel clothing tips.
Book Your Triangle of the World’s Coldest Places Tour
As the overland travel on the route Yakutsk – Oymyakon – Verkhoyansk is a very specific expedition, we would prefer to customize the tour for each group seperately.
INFORMATION BY PHONE
SEND AN INQUIRY
If you’re not sure, whether your message made it through, please, feel free to use our email address.